Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have enough time?

tag
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Do I have enough time?

Seller wants us secured the loan within 20 days after signing the contract. We told her now way. We need at least 30 days. Contract now said that I must secure the finance by April 19. My LO was on vacation and didn't submit my FHA application until yesterday. Now we have to wait roughly 2 weeks for the loan approval before he will order the FHA assesment. I have a feeling that this might not be done by April 19. I'm so nervous.

I don't even know why she would only give us till April 19 when she's not willing to close till May 10.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do I have enough time?

It sounds like the seller might be buying a new house, contingent on selling her old house. Normally for the seller to get approval in that case, they have to show that the person purchasing their old house (you) has their financing in place. Then they can move forward with getting ready to close and hopefully move in to their new house. That would explain the almost one month time frame between needing your loan approval and actual closing. It's a big long chain of events and such a hassle with all of the timing. It's so much easier to buy a house when you're renting, versus having to sell and buy. :/

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 2 of 16
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

I see what you are saying. But I still think that 20 days to secure an FHA loan is very unreasonable. And the seller is fully aware that we are using FHA loan. Even my attorney said that this is ridiculous and he wouldn't sign off on it.

We're trying our best to meet the dateline but I'm scare that she might cancel the contract if we can't meet th dateline.

Message 3 of 16
cclee
Regular Contributor

Are you saying that you can't get conditional approval for 2 weeks?  Why so long?  I submitted an FHA app and had conditional approval in 2 days and a lot of people on here get it a lot quicker than 2 weeks.  Also, are they wanting you to close in 20 days?  Or just have secured approval in 20 days?  Seems pretty tight, most resales are 30 days.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 4 of 16
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Hi cclee,

Just secure the approval. The seller doesn't want to close until May 10 but want us to secure the loan April 9. My attorney sent out a letter to her attorney for a 10 days extention. But they haven't accept it yet.

Message 5 of 16
cclee
Regular Contributor

Have you talked to any other brokers/lenders?  Seems like a pretty long time just to get an approval.  

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 6 of 16
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Talked to my agent. He will talk to the seller's agent. I don't mind her prefer closing date, just need more time to secure our loan if needed.

Message 7 of 16
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Errr.... this is like adding salt to the injury. LO sent FHA disclosure form to my agent so that he can have the seller and her agent sign it. Well he didn't. He sent it to my husband to ask me to sign it. #1, I already sign it. #2, why not send it to my email account cuz my husband name is not on the loan and doesn't check his email daily like me. He probably didn't even bother open the document to see that I also signed the form. I'm so annoyed by this agent. He didn't even bother telling me that I only have 20 days to obtain the loan..... and now this. He's a close friend of my husband but I can't stand him. If we lose this house he's so fired.

Message 8 of 16
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Express your frustration to your agent.  Let him know if he continues to make mistakes, you'll find someone else.  No reason to wait until a potential deal could fall through from incompetence.

Message 9 of 16
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

My husband gave him an earful today.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.