cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to list all asset when applying for Mortgage Loan?

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Do I have to list all asset when applying for Mortgage Loan?

Hi,  

I have my down payment, closing costs, and 1 year of reserves in one bank account.  The money has been seasoned.  I also have other accounts and assets, such as IRA, but I don't want to list this on the application.  Is it required that I have to list these assets?  I'm not going to use any money from my other accounts or assets to use for my mortgage, only the one account that I want to list.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I have to list all asset when applying for Mortgage Loan?

@joestay wrote:

Hi,  

I have my down payment, closing costs, and 1 year of reserves in one bank account.  The money has been seasoned.  I also have other accounts and assets, such as IRA, but I don't want to list this on the application.  Is it required that I have to list these assets?  I'm not going to use any money from my other accounts or assets to use for my mortgage, only the one account that I want to list.

No you do not have to list all your assets unless you need additional assets to qualify.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.