cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to try and get my 24mnth history updated?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to try and get my 24mnth history updated?

My old  mortgage has  a 30 and 60 day late reported 9/2006. My 24 month history only shows up through May 2008

Should I try and get this updated as that will make all the lates reported older than 24mnths ago.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Do I need to try and get my 24mnth history updated?

Because you don't have any reporting since 5/08, getting the payment history added after that (assuming it was all on time) would help your scores (if they need help in the first place).  However it would not be needed in order for a new mortgage lender to determine your mortgage payment history, the new mortgage lender can just contact your current mortgage lender directly to get that information, or if your loan officer has the capability they can order a "credit supplement" which would show the additional credit history just on the credit report that is being used for mortgage qualifying (wouldn't change the "master" data at the credit bureaus themselves though).
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ,but the the mortgage was paid off as I refinaced with another company so there were no more payments made after that date.
Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

So are you saying the new mortgage company hasn't reported anything at all, the entire time since 5/08?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the new mortgage company is countrywide and they have reported every month till present ( paid as agreed).

My old mortgage was with select portfolio and was paid of in May08 by countrywide.

Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

IIf your old mortgage company reported until they were paid off in 5/08, and Countrywide who is your new lender has been reporting since then... what else are you wanting either the old lender or Countrywide to report?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.