Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I qualify for a home loan?

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Do I qualify for a home loan?

My current information is in my sig.  I am looking to purchase my first home.  I currently live in NV but want to buy the house in CA.  Are my scores good enough?  Do I need to get rid of more of the negatives?  What does everyone think?

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I qualify for a home loan?

It's best if you read this thread so you can provide specific info. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Do-I-qualify-for-a-mortgage-Info-that-is-needed/td-p/.... And you're going to want to post your mortgage scores, not your FICO 8 scores as those have nothing to do with what the lender will pull.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

My current information is in my sig.  I am looking to purchase my first home.  I currently live in NV but want to buy the house in CA.  Are my scores good enough?  Do I need to get rid of more of the negatives?  What does everyone think?

It truly depends on your overall profile/situation. Many lenders require 620, some can go as low as 580. If you were to fill out the information that SouthEast80 linked to, we could definitely provide further insight.

Message 3 of 5
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Thank you for sharing!  There is a bunch that go into the process.  I thought there was a minimum score before they even considered looking at you.  Is this not true?

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

What they are saying is that you are looking at the wrong scores.

You are posting your FICO 8's  and the lender will look at the FICO mortgage scores which are not FICO 8s. 

Read the top of the mortgage section where it explains about FICO mortgage scores. You get them here on the 3 B report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.