Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I qualify for a mortgage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I qualify for a mortgage?

Ive been trying to raise my mid score to 640 but it seems its not going to budge any more. In the past 30 days I've paid off 3 cards completely and dropped my utilization from 45% to aprox 10%. I only owe another $1200 in cc debt.

1. Mortgage scores - EQ 638 TU 650 EX 610

2. Negatives- 4 medical collections all of which are several years old total debt $1269

3. Income- $47500

4. Source of income - Regular W-2 . I work for a federal agency and have been on the job for 5 years.

5. Monthly Debt - $98 that's the min payment on my 3 remaining credit cards and a $33 student loan payment.

Student loan balance $44780 - pmt $33. I am on an ibr plan and debt will be gone in 5 more years using public service loan forgiveness. It lists on my credit report as $33 for the remainder of the loan. 233 months.

6. Employment - Regular W-2. I work for a federal agency for the past 5 years.

7. Assets -  I have $11000 in savings and another $25000 in 401k funds from a previous job. 

8. Location -  Cincinnati, OH 45239

9. Property - Single family home - completely redone. 4 bed 2.5 bath

10. Value - House we want is listed at $129000

11. Occupancy - myself, husband who earns $47500 at the same job at the same federal agency. He is not listed on the loan due to student loan issues destroying his credit. 2 children.  I will be living in the house.

12. Transaction type - purchase loan. Planning on FHA.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do I qualify for a mortgage?

Based on the info u provided u should have no problems getting an FHA mortgage

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on if there are any lender overlays for a 638 score. Also, what are you using for the downpayment - 401k? Those are the only two hurdles I see.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually my EQ score jumped to 650 today. As luck would have it. Today my lender pulled my scores again. So I qualify for the loan as well as down payment assistance from the state. I went from mortgage scores of EQ 593 TU 647 EX 599 to EQ 650 TU 655 EX 610 in 30 days by getting a pfd and paying down my utilization to under 10%. I have this board to thank for that.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should def be able to find a lender, but you may need to shop around.  For example, the first lender I looked at needed a 640 middle score - it was a direct lender and local.  Oddly enough, I was able to get a loan through Chase with a 633 middle score.  It all depends on the lender overlay.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.