cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I stand a chance at prequalifying for an FHA loan?

tag
kel01602

Do I stand a chance at prequalifying for an FHA loan?

After digging out my w-2's and reading through this forum all day Im getting more and more nervous about any chance of prequalifying. Im hoping to lay my info out there and get some feedback on weather or not I stand and chance and should even attempt applying now. Sorry there may be quite a few post from me today Smiley Happy this forum is very helpful so far.

This is basically where we are at. I am married however my husbands credit has a repossession of a vehicle from 2008 and some collections from 2009 and I believe even a 30 day this year. We were told we had a better shot not adding him to the application. We are not looking to spend what we would be approved for with both our incomes anyways so adding his income isn't a big deal there.

As for me - I have almost 7 years with the same company. My job is tips based but I do claim.

My w-2 from 2011 were $57,000 plus $9,360 in child support.

In 2012 I left in September on unpaid maternity leave. My w-2 from Jan 2012- Septet 2012 when I left was $35,000 plus the same $9,360 in child support

I went back to work for the same company June 11th 2013 pay so far has been around $1,500 weekly

My score is in the 620-640 range.

I have nothing negative in the past 4 years.

The only negative marks on my report are a Verizon bill in collections from 2008 $789

and an old Bank of America credit card that was brought into collections and paid in full 3 years ago

For positives I have:

A $20,000 loan paid off as agreed in 2010 and my current auto loan for just under $40,000 also never delinquent.

My car payment is $603. ( I'd like to downgrade if it wouldn't hurt my credit to run another inquiry)

I have a capital one card $500 limit, 0 balance....$15 minimum

and an orchard bank card $300 limit, 0 balance... $15 minimum

I could put the 3.5% down no problem, if needed I could put up to $20,000 down.

My biggest concern is with the documentation, I know there are things required like bank statements, pay stubs, and proof of rent payment.

My husband and I share a bank account and that is where we pay our $1,450 rent payments out of. (also never late almost 3 years)

Since I just recently went back to work after having my daughter I don't have the 3 months of pay stubs and statements showing my income in the bank.... Would I have to wait 3 months to apply for a loan? Or could I apply now and look for a home during the 3 month time with a conditional pre approval?

Would it hurt me that my rent has been coming out of an account that I share with my husband? Typically it is just his checks that get deposited there. I have another account I usually deposit my money in.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Do I stand a chance at prequalifying for an FHA loan?

apply now, most lenders only need one paystub in cases like yours.

apply with confidence.... you have a strong profile from what i see....

dont get discouraged if the first lender doesn't think your file is strong.... just come back here and let us know what they said.

we will get it worked out

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.