cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Lenders check your credit score after underwriter's full Approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Lenders check your credit score after underwriter's full Approval?

Our mortgage is approved and we are clear to close. We are closing in 8 days.. I'm just wondering if the underwriter or the lender will check our credit again?

I'm worried because my husband's father have the same name. 

My husband's father use to live in my husband apartment and he owes a lot of debt.  We'll his father passed away last year. 

Now we received a letter from a collection company for about $3,300... I know this is not my husband debt. But I'm worried about this because they have the same name and adress. It might get mix up with his credit and it happen before. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Do Lenders check your credit score after underwriter's full Approval?

With a clear-to-close underwrting decision and only 8 days from closing, it is unlikely that new credit pulls will be done ... unless your pulled credit report expires before closing.

Message 2 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

With a clear-to-close underwrting decision and only 8 days from closing, it is unlikely that new credit pulls will be done ... unless your pulled credit report expires before closing.

What about those notifications that lenders get during the process?  Do they only get those when a new account pops up on your credit report or derogatory items too?  Do those notifications get turned off once a clear to close is given?

OP:  Maybe everything will be fine and this won't ever even hit you and your husband's reports.  Get on their backs and straighten it out asap.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lender will pull a credit refresh just before your loan is clear to close but they aren't looking at your socre.  They are just seeing if you opened any new accounts or if a collection or something else was added to your report.  I would say if you are clear to close then you should be fine becaus the underwriter won't clear it to close until a credit refresh is done.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Our mortgage is approved and we are clear to close. We are closing in 8 days.. I'm just wondering if the underwriter or the lender will check our credit again?

My husband's father use to live in my husband apartment and he owes a lot of debt.  We'll his father passed away last year. 

Now we received a letter from a collection company for about $3,300... I know this is not my husband debt. But I'm worried about this because they have the same name and adress. It might get mix up with his credit and it happen before. 

You should be fine. It seems like creditors come out of no where when they see you applied for a mortgage. When we were cleared to close our underwriter didn't run our credit again. I'm sure this is a stressful process and you end up worrying more than you should. You'll be good. Keep the faith and try to sleep it off.  Congratulations!

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

call them immediately and tell them to cease & desist trying to collect this as it is not your account.

should be no problem with final credit pull. likely already done

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.