cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do State Taxes have anything to do with approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do State Taxes have anything to do with approval?

We file online, Turbo Tax yearly.  We didn't realize until now, which is AFTER business hours, on a holiday weekend- that we didn't choose the "File Both" option back in February when we did our taxes. We were getting a $2.67 refund, which we chose to be direct deposited, LOL, so I never looked for it. SO- based on Turbo Tax, apparently, we've not filed our State taxes.  We can take care of that this weekend and file online through our States website. 

When putting together all documents, the only taxes we were asked for was Federal.  Which we went online, printed that out and handed it over.  I think we would have caught the State mess up a long time ago had we been asked for those.

We're due to close on a home on Wednesday!  Our file went to underwriting this week.  We did get preapproved and are able to go through automated underwriting.  However, I know that all files touch a human's hands too.

Will this affect our approval?  We can't get a hold of our loan officer- can't imagine the 3 day weekend will help! We just left a message to "call", didn't detail the "why".

Can you help!??!?!  I feel like an idiot and am about to throw up.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: Do State Taxes have anything to do with approval?

I'm not really sure.  When you say the only taxes you were asked for were federal, do you mean W2s?  Because that would just be verification of income.  I would say not to worry, it will all work out.

Even if something comes up that will hold you up, you'll just get a set of conditions from the lender that say you would need to show proof you filed those before you could be cleared to close, and you said it was something you could clear up in a couple days, so breathe easy and enjoy the holiday weekend.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. They asked for W-2's and Federal taxes, so that is what we pulled up and provided.  I filed the state ones online literally 20 minutes after I wrote the post. So, it's done.

It's impossible to relax, but I am sure trying.  Smiley Indifferent

Thanks for your response!

Message 3 of 5
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I know how you feel.  It only took us 30 days to close, but it felt like forever.  I thought it would never come, but we just passed the 1 year anniversary of our move-in date, and it feels like we closed yesterday.  Let me assure you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, haha.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Honestly, this is the WORST thing ever... and we've bought houses before... this one just comes after working on credit for a year and a long road with a special needs child... lots riding on it and I guess lots to lose!  :/

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.