Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Underwriters Work Weekends?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Underwriters Work Weekends?

So I went into UW last week after going through absolute misery with my LO for weeks (confirming my overtime, collections in dispute, reducing DTI).  I'm supposed to close on May 30th (monday) and my LO told me Friday he'd hear back from the underwriter.  Friday afternoon he has nothing, says call him later.  As 5pm rolls around I'm nervous and my stomach is turning I call him back and he says "it's crazy, they still haven't gotten back to me.  But I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.  They might have someone working weekends."

Is this a realistic thing?  Because I've never heard of underwriters working on weekends.  I just really want to know what the heck is going on, I'm supposed to close on Monday at 2pm!!!  He still told me there's a possibility we could close in time.  I just dont' get how there's this little communication.  I just want a freaking answer so I know what to tell my family.  I also need to tell my landlord if I'm extending for next month or not!  I hate this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Do Underwriters Work Weekends?

It depends on the work load and the company.  Working weekends is required sometimes.  A smaller company or broker may be more inclined to underwrite on weekends. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.