cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Underwriters pull any suprises before closing?

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Do Underwriters pull any suprises before closing?

Im 1 week away from closing.

Do they ask for a copy of your bank statement the day before closing? How do they verify that the money you bring to the table on closing came from you and no other sources?

What else should I expect or look out for up until closing?

Message Edited by CreditGuy03 on 07-31-2009 04:36 PM
Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Underwriters pull any suprises before closing?

I think it depends on which bank you are using..I closed on Monday with Suntrust and they did not ask for anything from me other than a certified check. They did have one surprise for me...an unknown collection popped up on my husband's credit report right after we applied for the mortgage and we had to pay it. So that sucked but other than that no other surprises. Good luck and enjoy your new home!
Message 2 of 3
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Do Underwriters pull any suprises before closing?

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Im 1 week away from closing.

Do they ask for a copy of your bank statement the day before closing? How do they verify that the money you bring to the table on closing came from you and no other sources?

What else should I expect or look out for up until closing?

Message Edited by CreditGuy03 on 07-31-2009 04:36 PM

Ya never know for sure. Keep an eye on your credit, DO NOT apply for any credit until after you close (if at all), do not go wild buying stuff and charge up your cards.

Basically, lay low until you have those keys. They may ask for bank statements, they may pull your scores one last time. Just lay low and wait until you are officially closed.

Good Luck!!!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.