cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly?

tag
rkb84
Contributor

Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly?

I had them pull on the 27th of last month and scores were

TU- 629

EXP- 627

EQ - 602

I had a collection from Verizon ($460), got a PFD it doesn't show on the reports now, also got a collection from Asset Acceptance PFD ($800). I know for sure those 2 are gone off my current reports I have checked.

Today they ran it again- same exact scores, same colections above showing.

I know for sure My Equifax Fico on here has jumped to a 650 as well. They are telling me they might not have updated yet, also "if you got those collections deleted they already did their damage and scores stay" I think they are just feeding me BS. Or do some lenders have a system where even though the 3 CRA's reports/scores are updated, there system doesn't?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly?

@rkb84 wrote:

I had them pull on the 27th of last month and scores were

TU- 629

EXP- 627

EQ - 602

I had a collection from Verizon ($460), got a PFD it doesn't show on the reports now, also got a collection from Asset Acceptance PFD ($800). I know for sure those 2 are gone off my current reports I have checked.

Today they ran it again- same exact scores, same colections above showing.

I know for sure My Equifax Fico on here has jumped to a 650 as well. They are telling me they might not have updated yet, also "if you got those collections deleted they already did their damage and scores stay" I think they are just feeding me BS. Or do some lenders have a system where even though the 3 CRA's reports/scores are updated, there system doesn't?

In some cases, this happens.   if you have letters from the collection agencies or from Verizon, you should forward those letters along with a copy of the cancelled check or statement showing where you paid them. 

Then ask for a "Rapid Rescore"

If they try to hassle you about the rescore, or make you pay for it, feel free to walk away and interview other lenders. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly?

Yeah they have to do something to get it to actually give a new report if it is done too soon.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.