Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have a chance at approval?

tag
deg757
Regular Contributor

Do we have a chance at approval?

I am a total mess right now because I have no idea if we have a chance at being approved for a mortgage. Here is a little about our situation:

I think my mid score is going to be 643 when we meet with the lender in two weeks. We have had no late pays or collections in over a year. If we get the mortgage, our DTI after the mortgage will be 19%. What I am concerned about is that after we pay the down payment and if we can roll closing costs into the loan, we will only have about $2,000 left in savings. We also have not been paying any rent because we live in a family home now. (I have been using all our money to pay off things, we have no debt right now except my student loans and one credit card with a minimal balance.)

Do you think we could be approved for the loan? Our lender suggested FHA but he hasn't pulled credit or looked at bank statements or anything.

Starting scores 2/27/12 TU 605 EX 576 EQ 560
Current scores lender pull 9/6/12 TU 663 EX 629 EQ 645
Closed on our first home 10/26/2012!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: Do we have a chance at approval?

Not sure how they will handle the rent portion although lots of people do as you are doing with living with family while prepping to buy a house. As for the only having 2K in the bank after closing you should be fine as with FHA you typically do not have to have reserves.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.