Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have a shot or am I crazy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do we have a shot or am I crazy?

I have never been late or missed any payments. I went to two different banks and they both said minimum score for USDA is 640, therefore I was denied. They said to pay off more credit card debt and see if that raises my scores. Other then that, they really couldn't tell me why my scores were so low.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is right in the manual but this is why I said to learn the manual inside out. It is literally the lender handbook. Most officers seem to know very little about USDA. Get a broker.
Message 12 of 13
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

Stay away from the banks. Find a WELL recommended real estate agent and request a referral to a broker. Then google them and check all reviews. Don't go for ARMS and look for someone who is recommending a 30 year product. A good broker should also be able to recommend all grant products that you would qualify for for down payment assistance. They exist and, based on your income, you likely qualify. Good luck. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.