Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have to wait?

tag
gamblerx15
New Contributor

Do we have to wait?

Hi
My bk was discharged in may of 07, with the falling prices on houses and with decent interest rates my wife and I decided to try to buy a house, we met with a loan officer who said your payment history since bk is fantastic, your dti is great, we have a grant program that will pay your downpayment for you. your credit scores are median score 625 great.
we are really excited at this point then he hits us in the head with the hammer....... come back and see me in april and we will get you a house. He says that fha will require a full 2 years from discharge to fund us a loan. My question is this, is there anyway around the wait? or are there any other programs that we might qualify for. seems like now is a great time to want to buy a house at least price of house wise.

thanks for any input or suggestions

gamblerx

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do we have to wait?

FHA is the most generous out there and you have to be 2 years post BK with NO lates or troubles for FHA.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do we have to wait?

Mickie's right. In addition, housing prices are not going to skyrocket between now and next spring. If anything they will continue to fall.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.