cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we qualify for a mortgage?

tag
sierra1013

Do we qualify for a mortgage?

I have a credit score of 622 and been at my job for 6 years.  My fiance has a credit score of 720 but just started a new job 2 months ago.  He was at his previous job 6 years.  Can we get a mortgage together despite him being at a new job? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Do we qualify for a mortgage?

is the new job in the same line of work?

if not, is the new job in a field where he holds a degree or has other education?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Bratbaby
Contributor

So if you change jobs, but the new job is one you trained for, and worked in previously for 12 years, the job change would not be a derogatory factor?
Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Bratbaby wrote:
So if you change jobs, but the new job is one you trained for, and worked in previously for 12 years, the job change would not be a derogatory factor?

right

but i always like to see the specifics myself and not count on the borrower to approve themselves..... if that made sense

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
sierra1013

His job is not a degreed job.  He currently works as a small engine mechanic and his previous job was maintenance supervisor.  We have $10,000 for down payment, if that helps.

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@sierra1013 wrote:

His job is not a degreed job.  He currently works as a small engine mechanic and his previous job was maintenance supervisor.  We have $10,000 for down payment, if that helps.

You know.... That is pretty close to the 'same line of work'

I would push it if everything else is ok. And I bet I would win the argument with the underwriter too.

Might be prudent to have your LO send the file over to an u/w for their blessing during the preapproval process.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.