Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we qualify?

tag
shanao621
Regular Contributor

Re: Do we qualify?

You should PFD the collection, send them certified formal letter with the request, do not pay it until you hear back from them in writing that they agree to delete it once it is paid. Whether or not your broker suggests it I'd give it a try, it'll remove it from the report. It usually is quick turn around I recently had a collection PFD and it was removed within days. The whole process took less than 30 days. I live in Mass too, home inventories seem non-existent my husband & I have a budget up to $550k & it is slim pickings! Good luck and if possible look into Mass Housing mortgage programs, they are awesome, best option if you qualify and based on your details I believe you do. I had looked into it but our income exceeded their limits.

Starting Score: FICO TU 503 FICO EX 470 FICO EQ 498
Current Score: FICO TU 705 EX 698 FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Re: Do we qualify?

@Anonymous wrote:

heard back from our broker.

my credit score is 770- my husbands is 666.

we are meeting with him tomorrow at his office to call the accounts in question.  We'll probably just end up paying everything that's past due since we are so worn out from everything.  The debts left on there are most likely accurate and we probably do owe them. He said we can probably settle for less but I dont want one to come back and throw a judgement in our faces if we offer less.

So how did it goes?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.