tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I will get approved?

My FAKO scores are:

TU   660

EX  692

EQ  724

I have a collection from Chase, that I have no knowledge of that was opened in 2000 with a 6K balance.  There has been no activity on this account but I can not get it deleted from my report.

I have about 7% currently saved for my downpayment and I was hoping to qualify for PMI.

What do you think my chances are?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you think I will get approved?

@Anonymous wrote:

My FAKO scores are:

TU   660

EX  692

EQ  724

I have a collection from Chase, that I have no knowledge of that was opened in 2000 with a 6K balance.  There has been no activity on this account but I can not get it deleted from my report.

I have about 7% currently saved for my downpayment and I was hoping to qualify for PMI.

You need to get your fico scores not fako as those scores are not used by lenders and your fako scores can range from 20-100 pt difference either way.  Bad credit accounts stay on your report 7 years from the day of last activity.  If the chase account opened in 2000 was sent to collections in say 2003 then its 7 years from 2003.  If this account is not yours you need to get  this resolved.  Keep in mind you cannot apply for a mortgage while in the process of disputing things on your credit reports
Message 2 of 8
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

I agree with steelfan, since it has not been any activity on this account I recommend not doing anything at all until you speak with a replica lender.  This account may fall off on its on since it's been so long.  Disputing will re-age the account and cause ore problems than you need.

Pull your fico scores from here, in my experience, my Experian score pull by lender has been the same as the score experian plus score.  My fico scores are exactly as the lender pulled.  Initally another lender pulled my scores and the tu score was off by 9 pointd from myfico, but it was the version they used.

Message 3 of 8
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

pghcredit wrote:

My FAKO scores are:

TU   660

EX  692

EQ  724

Hi pghcredit, and welcome to the FICO Forums.

There's more to a mortgage approval than your credit scores.  Salary, steady employment history, other debt obligation, the cost of the home you hope to purchase - these are all important factors for obtaining a mortgage.

Do you really mean to say that you hope to qualify for PMI?  Most people would prefer to avoid PMI.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My income is 82K annual.  I have been working in my field for 13 years.

I would rather not have to get PMI but I won't have 20% downpayment.

The loan amount that I am looking at is 75-100K.

I have no other accounts in collections.

My current accounts are:

Car - 30K - 700/month payments

Student Loans - 12K - 155/month payments

CC - 1300 - $50/month paymets (currently at approx 20% utilization)

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a different understanding of when things fall off your credit report.  The way I understand it, the 7 year "clock" can be the date of last activity (e.g. if you make an inquiry or dispute about the account, make a partial payment, etc.), but it is not dependent on when it was reported to a collections agency, when the creditor wrote off the debt, etc.  The general rule, according to the FCR Act Section 605(c)(1), is that a debt can remain on a credit report for 7 years + 180 days after the delinquency that caused the account to go bad.  Each state also has its own rules about how long things can remain on your credit report (you can look that up by state).  More or less, as long as you didn't do something to start the clock ticking again, this item should no longer appear on your credit report, period, if the account was deliquent with no further activity (and no, the creditor sending you off to a collection agency does not count as new activity) as of 2000.  A pdf copy of the FCR Act is available at 

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/031224fcra.pdf

I have a copy and have read it, and I would strongly urge anyone who wants to be informed about what is and what isn't allowed to be on your credit report to read it!  Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The way I understand it, the 7 year "clock" can be the date of last activity (e.g. if you make an inquiry or dispute about the account, make a partial payment, etc.), but it is not dependent on when it was reported to a collections agency, when the creditor wrote off the debt, etc.  your credit report to read it!  Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Date of first delinquency is always the date used to start counting the 7 years.  That date doesn't change if you dispute or start making payments.  So all collections/negative accounts should be gone 7 to 7 and a half years from the time you first missed a payment or made partial payment or whatever caused the account to go to collection.  Unfortunately that's not the date used for calculating scores.  The date of last activity affects that score and that can change if you make payments or something. 

Anyway, wouldn't touch the collection until you get your mortgage or the lender requires you to handle it.  If you have an account in active dispute, you likely won't be able to get a loan.  Be aware you may not be able to get a loan with a collection that large even if it is old and perhaps not yours.  So I would start the loan process early so you have time to handle it if it needs to be handled.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are answering some questions I had so thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.