Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think we are good to go?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think we are good to go?

Our lender wrote a letter explaining my collections and had me sign it before she submitted my file to underwriting. We still have the inspection tomorrow and the appraisal has been scheduled. I have 2 NSF on my bank statement that she didn't ask me about. She did ask me about an inquiry that I knew nothing about. We got an email from the lender on Thursday saying we had initial under writer approval. Given that we haven't heard anything either Friday or today, do you think the NSF are an issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Re: Do you think we are good to go?

Since your lender seems so positive I'd say things are fine. Post an update when you close!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 2 of 4
Spider07
Regular Contributor

We are in the process of building a house, so we haven't gotten to the stage of sending everything to the UW for final approval.  You mentioned NSF on your bank account.  Do you mean, you didn't have money in your account to cover it and got charged a fee?  OR do you use one of your other accounts to back up the checking account?  I put as much as I can into my savings account and leave a very small amount in my checking account knowing that if we spend the buffer in the checking account, money will trickle down from my saving account and it don't cost anything in any type of charges.   I do this on purpose to help save as much as possible without guessing how much I need in my checking account.  I hope this does not bite us in the butt when we get to UW. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We also put as much as possible in our ally account and I was a little too ambitious and forgot about a couple of bills, so twice in the same couple of days, we were overdrawn and were charged. So far so good, as far as haven't heard anything about it. My lender is very on top of things and she hasn't mentioned it, so I'm not going to. Inspection is today at 5. Can't wait to see the house again, lol. I need to measure a few things. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.