Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation required by a gift giver

tag
thegrapelady
Contributor

Documentation required by a gift giver

My parents gifted me 35K to be used towards a downpayment/closing costs on my FHA loan. They signed the gift letter and provided their bank account number. They are EXTREMELY private with their finances and having them write down their bank account information was a huge stretch. The money has been depositied into my account already. I am wondering, what, if anything in addition is usually required by the gift giver? I am worried they will flip their lid if they have to provide a bank statement. My LO said all they needed to do (at this time) was fill out that form. I am hoping that is all that is required. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alljada22
Established Member

Re: Documentation required by a gift giver

Hello, I have the same situation my mother gifted me funds for down payment. I'm also going thru FHA. My lender said that they needed last 30 days of her bank statement. I was floored as well but stated it was required for FHA. Thankfully enough my mother was a trooper and provided her bank statement. Wish you luck.

Message 2 of 3
thegrapelady
Contributor

Re: Documentation required by a gift giver

Thanks! They will not be very happy about that. I'll wait until they ask for this. This is helpful though, thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.