cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy Mortgage Guy? Illegal practices?

tag
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dodgy Mortgage Guy? Illegal practices?

Oh my gosh - good question Dallas. On the application from the first dodgy guy I said yes. I'm not going to lie about it, which is why I'm concerned and I figured FHA could clear it up for me.

The FHA rep I spoke with didn't ask about that - never said, "well, on the application you have to answer yes to that question."

But, you know, on the app for the local person it didn't ask. Now, I assume that was just a pre-approval app, not the full app. So yeah, for the full app I would HAVE to say yes so . . . this is ridiculous!

Maybe it doesn't matter? You check "Yes" they pull your CR and see nothing so ignore it? Crazy!

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 11 of 14
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@songsofexperience wrote:

Maybe it doesn't matter? You check "Yes" they pull your CR and see nothing so ignore it? Crazy!

nope. they dont ignore it. and will likely find it in the public records search.

submitting the ap with that answered 'no' is fraud. i bet the lo changed it

Retired Lender
Message 12 of 14
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Well, the app for the local LO was online and I filled it out right after I got off the phone with her. She didn't know much about it until we talked on the phone.

To be clear, *I* understand that this is a public record - anyone can go online right now and access the legal documents for the FC. *I* understand that I must disclose this. *I* understand that even if it is not on my CR, an UW would probably find it. *I* am not trying to game the system or do anything illegal - just the opposiye, which is why *I* called the FHA.

My confusion is even greater now because FHA doesn't seem to have a clear answer. The rep seemed to imply that if it makes it through an auto underwrite, it may not even be looked at by a person.

Should I call FHA and ask again??

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 13 of 14
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

fha is not going to commit on anything like that over the phone.

if the sleazy lo is submitting with a 'no' answer you need to run. he/she will get caught

crazy to think title co will not find the fc.

Retired Lender
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.