Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doe's FHA decline for NSF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doe's FHA decline for NSF?

Hi everyone,

I am planning to refinance my home to an FHA, (Cash out) mortgage. I know FHA requires bank statements. I am planning to furnish July and August bank statements.

Here is my concern: My account has been overdrawn at least once during that period, maybe twice.

Is this going to be a problem?

This is the first time in over 2 years that the account has been overdrawn. Both times for the same reason. I sometime use personal checks to pay one particular out-of-state vendor for some business supplies. These guys sometime hold the checks for over a month and it is hard to keep up with as cash flow is like a roller coaster. Well, it finally bit me on the butt!

I have plenty of cash moving through the account and all is good. I am making plenty of money. I just mis-managed things this time around and naturally, it caught up to me when I need it the most. I just hope someone out there can tell me if this is going to be a problem with FHA, and if so, are there any ways around it?

If not, I will have to look at other loan options or perhaps move the closing back and furnish September and October statements. Please tell me that 2 months statements is all that is required! 

Please Help! Any and all info and advice is appreciated!

-D 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Doe's FHA decline for NSF?

the underwriter might have a problem with it. ask the loan officer if they can do a VOD(verification of deposit) instead of statements.
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Doe's FHA decline for NSF?

2 months is all that is required and YES NSF will not be looked at favorably.
Do like DLG said and get a verif. of dep. from the bank.

Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.