Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Builder's incentive contribute to total cash in the bank for Approval

tag
joshall
Contributor

Does Builder's incentive contribute to total cash in the bank for Approval

So the builder will contribute $5000 as an incentive which can be used towards closing.

So far our situation is:

$42,000 needed at closing

We have $38,000 in the bank

We have $21,000 in 401k.

What is the chance of us getting preapproved?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Does Builder's incentive contribute to total cash in the bank for Approval

The builder's incentive is usually a closing cost credit applied to the amount you owe at closing, reducing the funds you need by the same amount.

If you are using the $38k, then if you owe $42k at closing (before the $5k incentive) then you'd only owe $37k instead.

Much more information is needed to answer your question.  The information needed can be found on a list I made at http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Do-I-qualify-for-a-mortgage-Info-that-is-needed/td-p/...

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
joshall
Contributor

Thanks. That is what I thought too.

Do you think only having $1000 leftover after closing looks bad on the applicaion process?

My current credit score is 710 and am aiming for 760 by August.

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You'll still have your $21k in the 401k (although when using retirement accounts only 60% of the vested balance qualifies) which should be sufficient, so I don't see any issues there.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.