cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a lender pull credit again before funding an FHA refinance?

tag
scoreclimber
Established Member

Does a lender pull credit again before funding an FHA refinance?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Does a lender pull credit again before funding an FHA refinance?

@scoreclimber wrote:

We closed yesterday on an FHA refinance - loan is to be funded on Friday 12/2.  We bought some new furniture on Sunday and financed it.  Didn't even give much thought (I know we should have) to this affecting our loan because we were so close to closing and in fact could have closed last Wednesday if our schedules had allowed.  We are planning to pay the furniture off with the money we get back from our escrow account. 

Is this going to affect the funding of the refinance loan?

While generally it is usually best to wait for the loan to be funded, IMO I do not see it being an issue once you have signed and went to closing. Once again I am sure YMMV since everyone's credit profile is different. 

A few things to take into consideration that could possibly cause issue before funding;

1. Was your DTI high?

2. Was your UTIL high?

3. Were your credit scores borderline for approval?

4. Did you have any negatives reporting on credit report?

5. What were the conditions from underwriting for loan approval if you had any conditions?

Congrats and GL in your new home!

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
scoreclimber
Established Member

Re: Does a lender pull credit again before funding an FHA refinance?

I know - I could kick myself because I just wan't thinking!  I think we were so excited to get a good deal on furniture we liked.  Plus I thought we'd get our check right away yesterday for the small amount of cash we took out.  I forgot about the whole waiting a few days for the loan to be funded.

Our DTI is around 35% and this new amount financed (~$1300) won't affect that much.

No negatives for almost 4 years, our mid scores were 670 and 750, utilization is around 30% overall.

No conditions were needed for approval.

Thanks for the well wishes, though this was a refinance not a purchase Smiley Happy.

I appreciate the reassurance!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.