cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know how long it is taking IRS to send old tax transcripts out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know how long it is taking IRS to send old tax transcripts out?

Indiana Housing threw a condition at my lender before approving my file...

2012 federal tax transcript. Backbone the 5/28, I signed the release forms for the Mortgage banker to get these this on my behalf. Did they send for it then?? NO!!!

Does anybody know how long it takes to get these back from the IRS? There are 2 local IRS offices within an hour of me and they both do not print transcripts anymore...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anybody know how long it is taking IRS to send old tax transcripts out?

1 week

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anybody know how long it is taking IRS to send old tax transcripts out?

My partner and I just closed last week on our house. With the IRS transcripts, we had to actually call in and wait for someone to answer and have them fax the transcripts to us in our lender's office because our accounts had a "Fraud Alert". I guess our accounts were locked due to being a part of the big data breach at Target awhile back. So the IRS wouldn't even acknowledge the requests from our lender. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you still have the number you called?

I've tried 4 different numbers and can't get a human at all. I keep getting the "we are to busy, call back another day.."
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I got that a lot too. It took me and my partner calling constantly for the better part of an hour before we got past the "We are too busy" message. And then wait on hold for like an hour. But once we got through, it was easy as pie. Just had to request the wage tax transcripts to be faxed, they do a verification fax, and then send the actual transcripts. We did it right in our loan officer's office and immediatly handed them off to him. The numbers I have are 800-908-4490 and 800-829-1040. The first one is the one we actually had luck with. The second seemed to be more of an automated system to request them mailed to you. 

Message 5 of 7
coterotie
Established Contributor

Ours took about 48 hours.  They requested after the data breach, however we were not involved in the breach.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We called yesterday and today, waited on hold for 2+ hours to have ours faxed. They didn't send all of them yesterday, so we had the privilege of calling today. We just Googled "IRS Customer Service" and called that number.

Good luck
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.