cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know what HomePath lenders will lend less than $50,000?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know what HomePath lenders will lend less than $50,000?

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to buy a HomePath home as an investment.  I know that there are many HomePath lenders out there but I'm also aware that many will not lend for mortgages less than $50,000.  Does anybody know of any lenders that lend less than $50,000 in the state of Florida?  We haven't selected a property yet.  I want to get our financing in order before we do but I'm thinking of buying a property within the $15,000 - $25,000 range.  Any advice regarding HomePath lenders would be most appreciated.  For many reasons I don't want to do FHA or conventional.

Also, I believe that with an investment property I will need at least 15-20% down through HomePath.  Is that correct?  And finally, does anyone know how they calculate which credit score to use?  We have a 690 with TransUnion and about a 639 with Experian.  The other one I don't know since they stopped selling it on MyFico.  How will they calculate our score?  I ask because it is my understanding that a 660 score is the minimum for HomePath.  I want to make sure I can get approved before we start searching.  If I have to we can raise our credit score about 15-20 points by paying down a credit card that we have a small balance on.

Any advice is very welcome.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anybody know what HomePath lenders will lend less than $50,000?

I forgot to mention, we already own a home so this would definately be listed as a 2nd home or as an investment property.  Thanks for any advice you may be able to provide and if anybody has recently gotten a mortgage for less than $50,000 we would love to know who the lender was.

Thank you!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.