New Contributor
Desneige

Does anyone have experience with a VA streamline refinance?

The current interest rate on my VA loan is 5.875  I'm considering a streamline refinance-as multiple lenders have told me that they can get me an interest rate between 4 and 4.25%.  This refinance is new to me, and I'm trying to figure out if this is the best way to go.  My credit score have been hovering right around 620.  Are there lenders that are a better bet than others for this type of refinancing?

Frequent Contributor
JagerBombs89

Re: Does anyone have experience with a VA streamline refinance?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/VA-Streamlined-Refinance-IRRRL/td-p/757868

I will be home in a few days too look over my VA Streamline refinance paperwork.   So far, I haven't had any problems with WellsFargo.  I will update later though of course!

New Contributor
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE

Re: Does anyone have experience with a VA streamline refinance?

I talked with a couple of companies today about VA IRRRL and one thing that is obvious.  Its simply not worth trying to refinance it outside your original mortgage company. Here is the issue:  VA do  not require appraisals or credit checks but that does not stop lenders from requesting it as part of their policy.  Other lenders (outside who currently has your loan)  do not want to re-finance your loan and  the loan is going to be above fair market value of the home.  They are normally asking for appraisals.  I'm with Suntrust Mortgage and talking with them, it's looking much in my favor doing it with them.  Good Luck

Grill Master now has a house! Closed 8/26. Yay!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}