cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know of a place that does loans with 629 score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know of a place that does loans with 629 score?

I am looking to do a personal loan in a small amount of $2,000 or $3,000.

My score was 661 until equifax allowed a collection I disputed to be placed back on my account.

So, with that being said I have 1 collection, 12 years of no late payments.

My score is considered fair, does anyone know where I can apply for a loan with success. I already tried capital one which I have a cc through and they turned me down. I really don't want to take too many more hard inquiries.

TIA!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone know of a place that does loans with 629 score?

Have you tried your bank or CU? They usually are pretty nice. I know for a fact, Citifinancial can approve that but they will make you pay 25%.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit union will NOT based on the one collection I have, which really stinks becauese, LIke I said above. I disputed it, it was taken off, then long and behold this month it is back on!!!!

Those lil people at equifax can control your life, pretty much. I don't know how that is right!

So Citibank will do fair credit personal loans?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the collection paid off, or showing as not paid?  If it is not paid, that's what may be hurting you. 
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citifinancial can do them I know that but do you really want to pay 20-30% interest?

If you paid the collections off but are still reporting on your CR, go to the CU and show them your proof. That might just do the trick
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the collections is showing up with no info and status disputed. NO report date, no anything.

The other is showing not paid, but it is not mine and I have disputed it.

I am just looking for places that look into loans with this type of score and situation.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

With this new info honestly, then I don't think there is a place that will give a loan with collection issues that have not been settled. That's just from my experience
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is interesting though, that through myfico and score watch, when you reach a certain number you get an alert telling you you can qualify for a cheaper interest rate, so YOU REALLY think you have made a step up. They don't really tell you that you can have a 700 score with a collection and NOT get approved based on the collection. Loans don't always have much to do with your score, as to what is on your report. I am pretty new to this credit thing and JUST figuring it out!

Interesting...

Agian, I did dispute them well over a month ago, but equifax has not responded within that timeframe,nor adviced me that the collection was replaced on my account. Which I have been told they are suppose to within 5 days.

Thanks for all your help!

I called citi financial and discussed my credit and they said it would not be a problem. Sure the interest is higher, but I am only taking it until our $2,000 tax rebate arrives in May, so it won't hit so hard.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well good to know about the approval but let's seriously think about the future.

Let's say your car dies and you need a new one (or whatever the case may be). You will be placed in this same issue if its not resolved now. So in the meantime, I would advise you to do something about the collections, etc. I would keep sending letters, anything. You never know when an emergency arises.
Message 9 of 10
liz9100
Regular Contributor

I had an account which really wasn't mine and I called them up and sent a letter stating I will file a small claim agaist them. Then go to your court house and file a small claim. If the account is not your then they have to pay you money for not removing it.

I told the guy the account wasn't mine and told them I was not stupid and I will file a claim agaist there company. They did remove it once they relized there mistake. Also if you removed it once from the report chance are you can do it again.
Everyone above 610...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.