cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it make it any easier to be approved if you already have an account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it make it any easier to be approved if you already have an account?

with Wells Fargo?  I have an auto account with Wells Fargo financial and thought that maybe I would apply with them for a home loan.  Does the fact that I have an account with them already make any diference?  PS The loan is paid on time every time so no issues there. 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does it make it any easier to be approved if you already have an account?

I dont think it can hurt you. I refied my house through 5/3 bank since I had checking/Savings with them and it really did help with getting my FHA approved since I was an existing customer.
Message 2 of 6
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
with Wells Fargo? I have an auto account with Wells Fargo financial and thought that maybe I would apply with them for a home loan. Does the fact that I have an account with them already make any diference? PS The loan is paid on time every time so no issues there.

I don't think it has much effect on their standards for approval, but it may benefit you in other ways, first they may give a better rate due to the existing relationship, and second they might not need quite as much documentation because their computers already know some things about you.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

if it were a manual underwrite open to subjective underwriting, it may help since they will have full access to that account data.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you didn't bounce checks and whatnot, I don't see how it could hurt you, and could see plenty of ways for it to help.
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

I just remembered.... a friend of mine used to work at BofA and they had their own scoring system on top of pulling ficos.
they INDEED considered banking relationship.

i dont know if the other banks do that
Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.