cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the actual mortgage pull lower the score they see?

tag
crystal18sn
New Visitor

Does the actual mortgage pull lower the score they see?

After an exhausting couple months, my myfico scores are 722-707-692. Our mortgage needs a score of 700. The middle score had been 700 for a month, then an account posted paid down on 5/20 and it shot to 707. I want to have our lender pull the credit tomorrow. Question is this --- will the actual pulling lower the score they see? One reason I ask is this:

On March 10, my middle number score was 691. They pulled the credit March 11. They said it was 684. On March 12, myfico updated my score to 684 after the following things happenned:

-a card was closed

-a credit card changed like $7 up - should not affect

-the mortgage inquiry was placed

If what lowered the score was the closed card, fine. But if what lowered what they saw was their own pull, I am a little nervous for tomorrow.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Does the actual mortgage pull lower the score they see?

This is a good question and I have dug into this like crazy.

My best guess is that when they pull you, they get your score but the new inq does not actually lower your score till the morgage inq buffer runs out. So you would take the hit in like a month.

Message 2 of 3
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Re: Does the actual mortgage pull lower the score they see?

No. Mortgage inq's from the last 30 days are ignored by FICO scoring.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.