Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment Assistance - Income qualification question

tag
Way
Contributor

Down Payment Assistance - Income qualification question

Shane (or anybody that can help),

Can you tell me how my annual income is calculated with regards to qualifying for downpayment assistance?  I'm in Florida.  For my county (family of 5) my combined household income cannot exceed $78,072 (bond money for down payment / closing).  In 2012 I made 52K.  In 2013 I made 72K.  My current base salary is 75K, but I will see a bonus in the next 30 days that will be 6-7K.  The bonus is in no way gauranteed and varies from year to year.  My base salary is under the requirement and I've never been over the requirement for an entire year in the past.  Is it possible that I can still qualify?  Or will they project my salary for the year including any bonuses earned so far to determine that I will likely exceed 78K for 2014?

I need to just talk to a local loan officer, but I'm not quite ready to apply.  I'm waiting another 45-60 days to get my utilization under 9%.

Thanks

Home Depot - $14300 | Care Credit - $11000 | CCUFL - $10000 | Penfed - $7500 | BECU - $7500 | DCU - $7500 | Overstock - $7200 | Discover it Miles - $5500 | Amex Hilton Aspire - $5100 | Discover it Cash Back - $4200 | Cap One QS1 - $2000 | WF Cashwise - $2000 | Apple - $2000 | Citi AA - $1500 | Amazon - $1200 | Sync Car Care - $1200 | Amex Delta Gold - $1000 | Amex BCP - $1000 | Barclay's Apple - $1000 | Cap One QS1 - $850 | Lowes - $500 | Bealls - $350 | Kohls - $300 | Target - $300
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Down Payment Assistance - Income qualification question

The base income will definitely be used, and there is a very good chance the bonus income would be included as well (it would be for all of the down payment assistance programs I am aware of).  I'd definitely disclose it, because if you don't then everything could be fine until they see your paystub with the bonus income on it.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.