Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Down Payment Question

I would like to know the process of verifying the down payment during the fha approval. I know I will give my bank statements to my LO, I seem to remember that the financing bank takes a snapshot? of my finances? If so, do you know when this takes place. I am getting my ducks in a row and would just like some answers. I do have the funds, it is not a question, I just want to know this process.

Thanks for the help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Down Payment Question

My LO just wanted bank statements that showed where the money was held (i.e. savings) I was pulling from. 
Message 2 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You show the statement from the account where the funds are at, it's that simple.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

My last experience was very bad, hopefully this one will be better. My LO is doing a rapid rescore now, I've paid down most of my cards, she said it takes a week. I appreciate all the help I have gotten on this board!

Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Welcome and I'm sure things will work out fine for you.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.