Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down payment funds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Down payment funds

@cartwrna wrote:
Lie about the source of funds? If it's seasoned you don't/aren't required to source it. Lying would be saying it came from here, when it really came from here.

There is a question on the loan appliaction that states "are any funds used to close this loan borrowed?" - that is what ezdriver is referring to.

Message 11 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Here is the mortgage application that mortgage lenders use (also called the 1003 form)

https://www.fanniemae.com/content/guide_form/1003rev.pdf

Read all the application. But the part that dpeezy is referencing is at the top of page 4 of the application. Read the small print, you will find it illuminating. 

Message 12 of 16
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I'd also add to the education on this subject that...

Because some downpayment funds are required to be seasoned, there is no rule that mandates an underwriter to no ask about the source of funds. Not all funds are required to be seasoned [eg: gift funds].

I'm just sayin...

Message 13 of 16
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@texasmade wrote:
Is it okay to use some of my line of credit for my down payment, the monthly payment is already calculated in my monthly debts. Or will the uw frown about this, daughter's tuition is due around the time we close.

Thanks

are you trying to say that tuition is cutting into your down payment?

can you write a check from the line.... made out directly to the school?  so it doesnt get co-mingled with your dp funds?

Retired Lender
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@texasmade wrote:
Is it okay to use some of my line of credit for my down payment, the monthly payment is already calculated in my monthly debts. Or will the uw frown about this, daughter's tuition is due around the time we close.

Thanks

are you trying to say that tuition is cutting into your down payment?

can you write a check from the line.... made out directly to the school?  so it doesnt get co-mingled with your dp funds?

TThat was my first thought - pay tuition out of the LOC - then you aren't touching savings........
Message 15 of 16
texasmade
Established Member

My line of credit is connected to my checking acct, I have to transfer the funds to my acct, its all connected so if I use it I have to transfer it to my checking
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.