Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down payment on second home.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Down payment on second home.

Hello everyone!
I have been really thinking about buying a second home as an investment property. What stops me from reaching out for assistance is the lack of down payment I currently have available right now. I have a little over $11,000 now. My Fico 8 scores are: EX 754, EQ 770 and TU 785. I can realistically save about $1200 per month and my current home is paid off. So I am wondering if anyone can give a ball park. I don't plan on buying anything more than $140,000. In the little bit of research I've done I see there is not much leeway with down payments for second homes. Help! Terrified to go to a broker only to find out I need to come back in 3 years! When do you think I will be ready to really dig in?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Down payment on second home.

When I bought one of my rentals.  The bank required a 20% d/p.  No play in that for me.  I think its pretty standard practice.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Down payment on second home.

Ok, thanx, alottacards!!! That's what I thought.... So I'll have to wait a year! 😐
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.