Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down to the Wire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Down to the Wire

So I just spoke to our Realtor today, he has been on the phone with our LO since yesterday.  Last week they filed an extension on our contract because our loan is still in underwriting.  Well tomorrow is suppose to be our closing and of course it will not happen since as of right now no response from the bank.  It has been 8 business days.  Apparently the seller will not grant another extension being that there are other offers on the house.  We need to get an answer today and the absolute latest tomorrow. 

I'm so upset, frustrated, sad, aggravated...just a mess.

My LO went on vacation and my loan was on his desk for 1 week.  Maybe if he would have submitted it before leaving we wouldn't be going through this.

Please cross your fingers and send positive vibes this way.  Hoping and praying for a response today.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sherakay
Valued Member

Re: Down to the Wire

So sorry to hear! I hope the best for you. Have you already paid anything out of pocket?

Starting Score: Walmart myfico 664 TU Lender Pull 690 EQ Lender Pull 669
Current Score: Walmart myfico 698 TU Equifax- 686 Experian- 692 Transunion- 700 Lender Pull 7/18/12
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that, being someone who is less than 2 weeks from closing, I can't imagine how frustrating that would be to delay closing. Best of luck, I hope everything works out.

Out of general curiosity, what bank are you working with?

Message 3 of 6
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Can you offer to pay the seller's a per diem delayed closing fee (like $50/day), in exchange for them granting one last extension? Unless one of the other offers on the house is cash, it would be in their best interest to wait it out with you. A new buyer would have to go through the mortgage process just as you did, and the seller would be waiting a minimum of 30 days, and probably closer to 45 days, to close.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sherakay,

We paid $1000 with the offer, (forgot what that is called), the inspection $300 and the appraisal $450.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason-mou2,

It is frustrating and everything has been going smoothly up until it went to underwriting.  The LO would send us emails every friday with updates of where we are in the process.  I really love that.  

We are working with a Lender: Envoy.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.