Established Member
Monkeygirl531

Downpayment funds in bank account

Does the funds have to be seasoned for 2 months even if the money is from your paycheck? I was told to not make any large deposits but what if all large deposits are paychecks. Can I apply as soin as I hit enough for funds required or do I have to wait additional 2 months?
Frequent Contributor
Catacam

Re: Downpayment funds in bank account

They don't need to be seasoned, just verified.

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
FICOisa4letterword

I agree with the OP, my lender only requires gift funds to be seasoned.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

Monkeygirl531 wrote:
Does the funds have to be seasoned for 2 months even if the money is from your paycheck? I was told to not make any large deposits but what if all large deposits are paychecks. Can I apply as soon as I hit enough for funds required or do I have to wait additional 2 months?

No. You have already sourced these funds because they come from your paycheck.

The lender means don't make any large deposits that don't come from your normal paycheck or from source they can verify.

Valued Contributor
beb86

Yeah as long as the are verified..... On my closing I was $100 short since I had $3000 of unverified funds
ccpics2.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}