Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ, EX or TU middle score?

tag
rinkgirl2
Valued Member

EQ, EX or TU middle score?

My husband and I are looking to buy a house this summer and I was just curious which score most people found to be their middle score. According to MyFico our TU scores are highest and I know people have said that EX scores tend to be the lowest. Is it somewhat safe to assume that our EQ score will probably be the middle score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: EQ, EX or TU middle score?

There's no rule of thumb on this. It will vary based on what is on each of your credit reports, so there's no way to predict.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
JonRun
Regular Contributor

My lender just pulled my scores. EQ was exactly the same as it is on this site, TU was 2 points higher than on here and EX was the highest. My Experian score was 25 points higher than my Equifax score.
Message 3 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, on OP statement...that is the trend; however as the other person mentioned, there is no guarantee that is how it will work out for you but that is exactly which order my scores were in. EQ matched exactly to what I pulled here and it is my mid score. Transunion was the highest and was 16 pts higher than my score here. And my EX score was the lowest. My preapproval scores were and still are:

TU - 718
EQ - 703
EX - 639
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.