Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX Plus FAKO vs. FICO

tag
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE
New Contributor

EX Plus FAKO vs. FICO

Obviously, we can't get our Experian FICO any longer ourselves which leads us to guessing based on FAKOs. I understand they are different scoring models but we all want to know our middle score at the end of day. Based on everyone experience, how much difference in points (plus or minus) your EX plus score was compared to your FICO score off your credit report your LO pulled?

Thanks

Grill Master now has a house! Closed 8/26. Yay!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX Plus FAKO vs. FICO

My Experian FAKO score was about 100 points LESS than my EX FICO score that my lender pulled. That was a big part of the reason I was sure I couldn't get a loan. Of course, I was wrong (thankfully). The FAKO was 538 and the FICO was 640. Bit of a difference! Smiley Tongue
Message 2 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

Over a six year period when I had access to both,  my EX Plus Score ran 20-60 points higher than my FICO. Typically about the same amount higher than my other two FICOs.

They are based upon different parameters so there is no direct relationship.

My reports tend to be almost identical from all three CRAs. Are yours?

Message 3 of 9
sinceregal09
Valued Member

My pull was pretty recent and the difference was less than 10 points...

Because of identify theft, I had been monitoring my credit through Experian....Experian PLUS showed a 671 score and I pulled it the same day (since I get a free one daily) the lender pulled....The lender's Experian FICO on the tri-merge report was 663, which ended up being counted as our lowest middle score....My lender pull happened on 7/21....

Starting Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Current Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX fako score was 589, lender just pulled a 669 EX Fico....

I said screw EX....  as long as you know your EQ and TU...  you'll know where you stand with Fico. 

For example:  If your EQ is 700 and TU is 690, it doesn't matter what the EX is...  if EX is higher than the EQ 700 then good for you, your middle score will be 700.  If your EX is lower than the TU 690, then your middle score will be 690.

Mortgage lenders use your middle score.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a LO pull mine yesterday and it was 5 points lower than my TrueCredit score.  The one they used according to the CR was Fair ISAAC.  Not sure what TrueCredit uses. 

FYI - The title of the report the Lender provided me said Prepared by: Equifax Mortgage Solutions

Message 6 of 9
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My EX fako score was 589, lender just pulled a 669 EX Fico....

I said screw EX....  as long as you know your EQ and TU...  you'll know where you stand with Fico. 

For example:  If your EQ is 700 and TU is 690, it doesn't matter what the EX is...  if EX is higher than the EQ 700 then good for you, your middle score will be 700.  If your EX is lower than the TU 690, then your middle score will be 690.

Mortgage lenders use your middle score.

That example would be good if my scores was that close, I would care about EQ. But I have like a 40 point split between reports. So not knowing EX would be the difference between my middle score being a 621 or 657? On my last pulled from the LO, my EX was 20 points higher than the other two so I hope the patter continues.
Message 7 of 9
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE
New Contributor

@sinceregal09 wrote:

My pull was pretty recent and the difference was less than 10 points...

Because of identify theft, I had been monitoring my credit through Experian....Experian PLUS showed a 671 score and I pulled it the same day (since I get a free one daily) the lender pulled....The lender's Experian FICO on the tri-merge report was 663, which ended up being counted as our lowest middle score....My lender pull happened on 7/21....

I hope this is not the case!!! It seems like everyone has experience either two things with their Ex Plus score: FICO was average 10 points less or FICO was close to 100 pts. I'll take the second option! LOL!

Message 8 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Grillmaster....here's how you need to look at the situation...until you can actually get a LO pull, assume your EX score is your lowest.  If you have an EQ FICO of 659 & a TU FICO of 671, assume the EQ score is your mid score.

If EX is actually higher, that's all the better, if it's a 600, you're prepared with the EQ mid score.

Make sense????

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.