Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CAIVRS Removal

tag
ChetBrown56
Valued Member

Early CAIVRS Removal

This is more of a public service announcement for people dealing with the three year waiting period after a foreclosure, to be able to get a government backed mortgage again. After foreclosing on my home in 2/1/2010, BOA took their sweat time filing all the government paperwork and my CAIVRS file did not get updated until 7/16/2010. Naturally that will disallow me from getting a loan untill 7/16/2013.

I called the 1-800 number to ask about the situation, and all they will say is when it will clear. I did however find the SF data request email for HUD, sent them an email asking to look into the situation. They said due to BOA having to purchase my loan and then not servicing it properly she will be able to move the date back to the 2/1/2010 date.

So if you have a foreclosure and it was with one of the mortgages that the government made another company buy, don't give up on the CAIVRS data that they give you. Email them and ask them to look at the file and to adjust the date.

That is all..

Message 1 of 432
431 REPLIES 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CAIVRS Removal

This post is a Blessing! We are in the exact situation. Our foreclosure was finalized in January 2010, but the claim wasn't paid until November 2010.

What was the email address you contacted? We are supposed to close on our loan on the 23rd of February.

My wife and I greatly appreciate the help!

Message 2 of 432
ChetBrown56
Valued Member

sfdatarequests@hud.gov.

The may not be able to actually clear the file by then, but they may be able to move the date of your suppression forward.  What lender let you get all the way to a closing date without checking your caivrs??????

they were fairly quick to respond. the verbage they used was, on file for three years under normal circumstances. And the lender taking that long to file is not your fault.

Message 3 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your quick response. I will send an email to them first thing. I will keep you posted on their response.
Message 4 of 432
Llhg71
Established Member

What was the 800 number that you called to get this information?

Message 5 of 432
ChetBrown56
Valued Member

Its the 800 number listed on the actual CAIVRS record. It...

Its the 800 number listed on the actual CAIVRS record. It will be unique to the agency that has filled the record.

So HUD, VA, Student Loans, or any other federal debt will have different numbers.

HUD is 800-225-5342

Message 6 of 432
Llhg71
Established Member

Re: Its the 800 number listed on the actual CAIVRS record. It...

I was looking for the HUD number.  Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 432
Greatful
New Visitor

I just want to thank you for posting this on the forum, we used the email address provided yesterday 5/21/14 and we just got an email back saying they will remove the CAIVRS

on us tomorrow.  You helped save our loan.  We are buying our home after a terrible foreclosure with B of A in 2010.  Thank you so much for your information.  We appreciate it more then we can say in words.  Smiley Happy  Happy Homeowners again.

Message 8 of 432
ChetBrown56
Valued Member

No Problem!! Glad that I could help.

Message 9 of 432
Hopeful2014

I have this happened to me, except the Bank never did its job to close the account.  It was foreclosed on July 2010.  I finally requested for HUD to correct the CAIVRs but there is nothing they can do to close the account - even though they know the Bank isn't going to close it anytime soon!  Its amazing that the Bank can get away with.  So, it still show that I have an account even though HUD cleared the CAIVRS issue.  And, now I'm waiting to see if HUD will grant me an exception for a new loan.  Its outrages and simply WRONG!!

Message 10 of 432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.