Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CAIVRS Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CAIVRS Removal

I am glad to say that this just happened to me as well! They are removing (supressed) the CAIVRS Smiley Very Happy I am so greatful, thank you Lord! Once it was removed, were you able to move forward?Did you purchase a home @Greatful and @ChetBrown56? How can I get confirmation that it was really removed?

Message 21 of 432
Greatful
New Visitor

Our lender ran the CAIVRS report the next day and saw that it had been removed.  We went ahead and we closed on our new home in June.  Hope all goes well for you.

Message 22 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank so much for your response to my questions. I'm very excited!. We thought all hope was lost and would have to wait until 2016 until I found this forum! With God all things are possible. Thanks to you and the original poster ChetBrown56. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
Message 23 of 432
Greatful
New Visitor

You bet glad we could pass it on.  We wouldn't have our home today if I hadn't found the forum.  My lender said she will keep the info for future home buyers, was so glad I found the forum so it saved our loan.

Good Luck.

Message 24 of 432
ChetBrown56
Valued Member

I was a little different of a situation. I learned about the CAVIERS file before my mortage process. So as soon as it was supressed I started my loan process. When I received the email back, the person said that it was supressed. I called my lender and had him check and it was not there.

You can call the same number that was listed on the report and have them see if it is still on the report. I'm glad that this post is helping everyone out. No one was available to answer my questions and I had to put alot of research into the topic. Just pass the knowledge forward. Even to loan officers and realtors.

Message 25 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our eligible date for another FHA is 6/3/2015 even though our home was foreclosed on 6/16/2011 per county records.  Someone purchased our home in September 2011 but US Bank didn't bother to file the claim until June 2012.   

I just sent my email a few minutes ago along with my proof as a .pdf file.  Hoping, praying, wishing....crossing fingers, toes and eyes!!!  Smiley Happy

Will update if/when I hear back.  Many thank you's to the original OP.

Message 26 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I really found this message board to really helpful, but I think my situation may be a little different so I need some advice.  In 2009 I filed for bankruptcy and it was discharged.  The mortgage  that I had with Chase for the property that I owned was included in my bankruptcy.  Chase foreclosed on the home 2010 and they acquired the home in 2010 through a sheriff's auction/sale.  I am in the middle of trying to close on a house by the end of the month and my CAIVRS report was pulled and it said that I still have an active loan with Chase and that Chase never filed a claim.  I spoke with a rep at Chase and she informed me that I was not liable for the loan if it was part of the bankruptcy, and she also stated that in her system it says that the home is pending payoff as of 083114 (she said it was for internal purposes).  If a claim has never been paid how do I get my account updated for FHA purposes.  Does Chase have a certain timeframe to file a claim or can they just let FHA know that the loan is no longer active.  I also sent FHA a copy of the judgement, but they said they could not look into my file for suppression because the loan is still active.  Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.  I am waiting on my lender to get back to me with her attorney contact so that a letter can be drafted to Jamie Dimon's office to see if I get anywhere there.

Message 27 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have taken care of the claimed FHA loan; your CAIVRS is clear.

That's the email I received today, OMG, stuff like this NEVER happens to us, lol.  And to think we thought we had to wait another year before we could purchase another home.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I had a foreclosure on our home back in 2011.  We are trying to purchase a new home that we had built for us. This would be another FHA loan.  We have spoke with 4 different lenders from the time we started our build and none of them mentioned the CAVRS system. They all said that FHA goes by the sheriff sales date which was 4/2011. Which according to that would make us eligible now.  My question is being the sheriff's sale was 4/2011 the insurance claim was never paid out to HUD until 5/2012 making us ineligible until 5/2015, that is a year later!  We did not have to move out of our home until 4/2012 though, would it have something to do with that? I did email CAIVRS yesterday and got a reply back saying that they could remove the CAIVRS off of my husband(he was actually the only one on the loan) on 9/1/14.  I did email asking why and how they came up with that date because I just like to know that information especially when we called the CAIVRS number and they say we can't do anything anything until 2015.  Also, on our report they highlighted a date of 9/2011 saying we were ineligible for loss mitigation so would they use that date for the three years since it took them so long to pay the insurance claim out?  Any help or information would be great! 

Message 29 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't thank you enough.. I don't know how lenders don't know about this. I had  CAIVRS issue that should have dropped off on 9/22/14 but it didn't so we were dead in the water until I found this post. It took less than 24 hours to fix my case.. BOOM! submitted my app to USDA on 9/26/1.

Message 30 of 432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.