Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CAIVRS Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CAIVRS Removal

Just an update to the prior post.  We did close on our house on October 27, 2016 as planned.  Key to Caivrs removal, get your Congressman involved!  Smiley Happy

Message 421 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you help me? I have a VA hit in CAIVRS and am in the middle of underwriting. Please email me asap molettenaeem@gmail.com if you can help.

Message 422 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you help me? I have a VA hit in CAIVRS and am in the middle of underwriting. Please email me asap molettenaeem@gmail.com if you can help.

Hi Naeem,

I replied to your PM.

Call me when you have a couple of minutes to go over the details.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 423 of 432
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Can anyone tell me how I can check to see if I (or my spouse) are listed on CAIVRS?  I have no idea how to check and google isn't helping.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 424 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

You need a lender to check for you.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 425 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our situation is a little more unique. We defaulted on our student loans & I paid mine off, while my husbands was paid off when they off-set our joint tax refunds.Once they took enough of them to satisfy his side of the debt, they took it off his credit report.

However, we are now 3 days from closing on our house & our lender was flagged by CAIVRS. We've contacted the creditor who put us there & they want $14k! His loan wasn't even that much BEFORE they took a few years worth of tax refunds! The IRS & Dept. of Education has no records of those off-set refunds. We are trying to get our off-set letters from the Dept. of Fiscal Services. I am hoping that they'll have them or at least be of more help.

Does anyone have a success story to this?

Message 426 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Our situation is a little more unique. We defaulted on our student loans & I paid mine off, while my husbands was paid off when they off-set our joint tax refunds.Once they took enough of them to satisfy his side of the debt, they took it off his credit report.

However, we are now 3 days from closing on our house & our lender was flagged by CAIVRS. We've contacted the creditor who put us there & they want $14k! His loan wasn't even that much BEFORE they took a few years worth of tax refunds! The IRS & Dept. of Education has no records of those off-set refunds. We are trying to get our off-set letters from the Dept. of Fiscal Services. I am hoping that they'll have them or at least be of more help.

Does anyone have a success story to this?

What type of mortgage did you apply for?

You should have received a letter telling you that your refund was being off-set at the time. Do you still have a copy?

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 427 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have never received a single letter letting us know that our refund was being off-set. It surprised us every single time. That's why we don't the off-set letters. We sent a request to get our off-set letters but we were told it could take a few weeks.

Message 428 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

We never received an off-set letter. Everytime we waited for a tax return & we'd end up having to make phone calls to find out that our tax return was taken.

Message 429 of 432
justanotheralt

Have you tried registering on irs.gov\accounts ?  This will let you see online transcripts and records.  If you look on the record(s) for the tax year(s) where you were expecting a refund, it may show you where the funds were sent.

Message 430 of 432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.