Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CAIVRS Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CAIVRS Removal

called the 877#  today they took my general info and said someone will call me back? Anyone else experienced this? 

When they do call me back can I get answers to my question right then like when did HUD notify them? When was the claim paid out? How much was paid out?

Also does anyone know am I responsible to pay this back? or are there any fees/penalties to being on the CAIVRS list or is it just a matter of waiting it out till your next eligibility date?

Thank you all 

Message 111 of 432
bill31
Valued Member

1st delinquency 12-2010

foreclosure sale 08-07-2012

date claim was paid 09-3-2012

house house disposed (property surrendered)in a chapter 13 bk filed on 02-2010 and discharged on May-2012 

e-mailed HUD on January -2015 was advised  CAIVRS could be suppressed on 03-01-2015, (I have e-mail to proof).

replied to initial HUD e-mail on 03-02-2015 asking to re-submit request and was directed to call Novad at the 1-877 number to put in a ticket.

called the 1-877-number from March e-mail different HUD addresses. Kept calling and e-mailing pointing out the delay on getting the home foreclosed. Until a supervisor put in a ticket a week ago.

was given a ticket #, I just hope that they suppress the CAIVRS flag I' am in contract now, for new contruction frame an roof is up, should be ready by July-1-2015.

putting 10% down and meet all other criteria.

any thoughts , going crazy on this dilemma.

thank you 

Message 112 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you will be fine. My suppression took a little over two weeks from the time my case was reviewed.
Message 113 of 432
bill31
Valued Member

It has been exactly 2 weeks since I called and the lady I spoke with placed a ticket, I called today was advised the ticket still open and being worked on.

gentting really anxious.

Message 114 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

My situation is odd as well. I filed chapter 7 in maY 2008 and it discharged Feb 2009. Bank of America wasnt forcing me out so I stayed in the house until nov. 2012. I left and havent touched the home since. The house has sat there until march 2015 they finally took possession and forclosed. I am on Caivrs becuase HUD just paid the claim in March. Do I have hope? I e-mailed them and am waiting for a response.

Message 115 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

THEY EMAILED ME BACK WANTING TO SEE MY DISCHARGE PAPERWORK.

Message 116 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me and my family recently experienced the same problem with a BofA foreclosure from 2012. Our trustees deed of sale was from August 2012 ; so after waiting 3 years we began the process of purchasing our new home. We were about 60 days from closing and came to find out we have  a CAIVRS alert. Seeing all these posts gave us a lot of hope. We were asking if someone could share the information they sent to HUD so we can get an idea of what to send in our email. Thanks for your stories.

BCotton your story is almost identical to ours; so if you could please share the email you submitted to them, thanks again.. 

Message 117 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok...so my house foreclosed on 04/2008. Bank of America did not list it as sold till 01/2013. The foreclosure actually no longer shows up on my credit report because it is over 7 years old- yet when my loan went to underwriting- I was denied because of a CAIVRS claim. The gap from 2008 till 2013 seems like a long one and then having to wait 3 years from 2013 date. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

Message 118 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you need to get a ticket (toll number at the beginning of this forum) and ask for suppression. I had a similar issue with my foreclosure in 2010 and the bank didn’t get paid until 2013. I got a ticket because my foreclosure wasn’t handled properly got the suppression and off the CAVIRS list within 3 weeks.

Message 119 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BK discharge date was 6/12 I filed on $112,000.00 which was the amount I was told we owed on loan BOA foreclosed/sold on 12/12 for $130,000.00 and made a claim for HUD to pay a claim of $109,000.00 on 8/13 so now we have a caivrs claim on us and I would like to know how they could do that when they made money instead of lost and is there a way for me to get it suppressed and removed or at least dates to match? What number do I call and what email do I use to send HUD proof?
Message 120 of 432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.