Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CAIVRS Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CAIVRS Removal

Our Story:  We're applying for an FHA Loan.  At the point of getting an appraisal on our new home, our lender checked CAIVRS.  It said that due to a previous foreclosure we wouldn't be eligible for another FHA loan until 6/24/17.  We discovered this on May 5th.  We did our research and learned about CAIVRS suppression.  We went to the county website and found the actual date that the deed was sold (earlier than June 24th).  Long story short, submitted our CAIVRS request with the proper backup to answers@hud.gov.  The key was staying on top of them!  Sent the proper information in the first time, and called the FHA resource center almost daily.  The generic email said that we would have an answer within 20-30 days.  Our CAIVRS was cleared in 6 business days!  

Message 401 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to send this out as a word of encouragment for anyone dealing with this CAIVRS issue.  Never Give Up! Make sure you email and call the number noted on the forum:email to answers@hud.gov1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). I used the generic letter on the forum which explained my issue in full detail.  I sent this to answers@hud.gov as well as my local congressman.  I was able to get my CAIVRS cleared in 4 business days.  If you are trying to close on a home, let them know. I called everyday checking on the status (each time pleading my case), and was lucky enough to speak to a Supervisor. It's is not your fault if the bank took their time filing the claim for payment (which was my case).  FHA will update your file, you just have to be persistent and nice ( A little honey will get you a long way!) Thanks so much to the forum for the helpful information. 

Message 402 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I find the documentation they need to suppress the CAIVRS? Where do I find the property disposition? The county courthouse? The bank? I have until June 17 to get this done. I'm spinning in circles here.
Message 403 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to find the date your title was transferred out of your name. It was a sheriff sale in our case and we paid 2.00 to the county courthouse to get a copy of the deed transfer.
Message 404 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Where do I find the documentation they need to suppress the CAIVRS? Where do I find the property disposition? The county courthouse? The bank? I have until June 17 to get this done. I'm spinning in circles here.

Hi Jfarm,

Your lender isn't helping you with this? If not, you may want to think about getting a new one.

An easy way to get to a copy of your Sherrif's Deed or Absent Trustee Deed (depending on the state you're in) is to go to the county recorder's website for the county where the foreclosure occurred. I had to pull one for a file yesterday & it took me about 2 minutes.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 405 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information. I was able to get what I needed. Fingers crossed they process it quickly. Thanks again.
Message 406 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this for title 1 loans as well?

Message 407 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this for title 1 loans as well?

Hi MSPAT,

I just went through a situation where a Title 1 Loan was involved. Title 1 loans are a little different because they don't have the upfront mortgage insurance premium & monthly MI like other FHA loans do. The situation I just went through included a request to the FOC office to suppress my client's info in the CAIVRS system & they flat out refused to even though the home with the Title 1 loan had been foreclosed on 20 years ago! What's even crazier is the fact that per FHA/HUD's own guidelines, they are only supposed to report to CAIVRS for the first 3 years after a claim is paid!

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 408 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about student loans from 12 years ago? Does anyone know if it can be suppressed?
Message 409 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans are a bear, you will need to rehab your student loans in order to get off caivrs. 12 years of 25 years, one person had loans from the 80s. They don't suppress CAIVRS unless there was a error in the filing.
Message 410 of 432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.