Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited:One week! Am I home free?

tag
scmami
Regular Contributor

Edited:One week! Am I home free?

My original post was edited out by the admins and a glitch in the filtering. This was my post:

Closing is scheduled one week from today. Got conditional approval. Met all conditions except one. I had a $300 deposit that could not be sourced. This was ok, they just subtracted it from reserves. This is new construction. Appraisal was $3k over purchaseprice. Inspection is today, finaal walk through is Monday. Can the underwriter come up with new conditions in the final approval?

Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
asp123
Valued Member

Re: One week! Am I home free?

I would hope so, but prior to my closing last August I was in touch with my mortage person every day asking "do you need anything today"...and many times they needed something. Stay in contact and make sure you can put your hands on anything they ask for in a hurry!!!  I had been divorced for a little more than 10 years with no alimony payments or anything coming from the ex and I still had to take them my divorce decree.

Good Luck!!!

Starting Score: 9/2012 - 609
Current Score: 11/9/2012 TU 620 11/9/2012 EQ 591
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
scmami
Regular Contributor

Thank you for responding. My loan officer and processor are so slow to respond. I ALWAYS feel rushed speaking to them. 

Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 3 of 6
beb86
Valued Contributor

Good luck let us know how it turns out but expect something to pop up this coming week...

Message 4 of 6
asp123
Valued Member

They are making money off of you so I would take all their time I needed to.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 9/2012 - 609
Current Score: 11/9/2012 TU 620 11/9/2012 EQ 591
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

They may need recent paystubs right before closing. They needed that for me.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.