Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of two mortgages on credit file

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Effect of two mortgages on credit file

My fiance and I are thinking about merfing thigns together.

I already have my mortgage but the discussion is whether it would be wise to add myself to her mortgage. It is my idea but i want to see what effet this would have on my credit.

This would mean a new mortgage showing up on my file . What are the repercussions ?

Score drops? CLD's?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FSFdoppleganger
New Contributor

Re: Effect of two mortgages on credit file

@CS800 wrote:

My fiance and I are thinking about merfing thigns together.

I already have my mortgage but the discussion is whether it would be wise to add myself to her mortgage. It is my idea but i want to see what effet this would have on my credit.

This would mean a new mortgage showing up on my file . What are the repercussions ?

Score drops? CLD's?

You can have your name added on the title by doing a "quit claim deed" and unless you are refinancing her mortgage to add your name, it won't be reflected in your credit report. 

Starting Score: TU 627 EQ 640 EX 641
Current Score: TU 730 EQ 758 EX 766
Goal Score: TU 750 EQ 800 EX 800
Lender Pull 4/7/14: TU 716 EQ 747 EX 760
"Whatever the mind of men can conceive and believe, it can achieve". Napoleon Hill
Message 2 of 4
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I have two mortgages on my reports, and have noticed no real difference in scores. I think the main issue with adding another installment loan is how close the balance is to the financed amount.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have dealt with investors with mutiple mortgages.... no big boost have all those mortgages

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.