Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment History and Mortgages

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Employment History and Mortgages

DH and I are looking to buy a house early Spring. Just wondering about the impact of employment history on getting approved. I have been working with the same company for 4.5 years and in the same field for 6.5 years.  I did change jobs last year, but it is the same company, type of job, etc. DH is switching career fields, and currently has 3 part time jobs: one he has had for 4 years, but only makes 100-200/month.  One he has had for 1 year and he makes about 800-1000/month.  His primary income he has been there for about 3 months (still part time- about 1500/month) AND he just got one more part time job that he starts in December where he will make about 500/month. I make more than dh, although not a huge difference with his new job, and his scores will be higher than mine, but not by a lot either.  I don't know our exact scores, but I THINK his are low 700s and mine are upper 680s?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Employment History and Mortgages

Part-time employment gnerally has to continue for 2 years before it can qualify.  Full time employment doesn't have any specific duration requirements, and you can go from job to job as long as it's in the same industry (even switching industries can be considered OK).
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.