Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment History??

tag
amclaughlin42
Regular Contributor

Employment History??

Okay, so I know it has to be 2 years of employment. However, does it have to be 2 years of employment at the same place. In July of 2013 I got my first job at Walmart, I was there 14 months, I quit after graduating for my associates degree to take a better paying job with benefits and 401K. I quit there this past April to go to an even better pay job, but it is in my same line of work. In fact they are both Factory Jobs, and one of the jobs made parts for the other job. The first job makes parts seats and doors for Toyota, which is where I work now, so I have a line of Factory work for almost 14 months now. I wont apply for home loan until Februray and that will 19 months of solid factory work. 

I haven't been in between jobs for more than a week. 

Is it possible to get a mortgage? 

Also to add I am working through a temp company but I have a 6 year contract with them, but I am on my way to getting hired on Full Time directly to Toyota which has great benefits, 401K, and better pay and good job security. I won't be changing my job any, just the name of the employer, I will literally be working in the same place. Its all good job security. 

Cards: CreditOne AMEX - $600, Cap1 QS - $500, Avant-$300, Cap1 WM Store - $300
GOAL - Chase FU - Goal Score 725
07/2021 - Experian 675 Equifax 673 Transunion 688
07/2019 - Experian 623 - Equifax 628 - Transunion 622
04/2019 - Experian 597 - Equifax 610 - Transunion 619
01/2017 - Experian 479 - Equifax 457 - Transunion 461
04/2017 - Experian 502 - Equifax 473 - Transunion 476
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employment History??

2 years in the same line of work is fine, and it's always better to show improved income. If it was the other way around it would be harder lol. I've only been with my company for 10 months but was with my last company 5 years and it's the same line of work and it was never questioned during underwriting.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You want two  years in the same line of work, but it does not have to be the same job.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last house I bought - I switched jobs during the process - couldn't pass up the money! - same field - different law firm.    I had to get a letter from the new employer stating hire date, rate of pay, etc.   But that was all... 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.