Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employment Verification

well mine was pulled twice.  during the application process and right before closing..and that was december of 2006..through countrywide
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In May of this year my employment was verified using the whole 1-800 number/PIN/single-use code process, and I was only asked for this information once, very early on in the process. Then again, I suppose the loan officer calling me at my place of work on an almost-daily basis (just for updates, really - she was great) might have served as at least informal verification that I was still gainfully employed, although it wouldn't have proved anything income-wise, I guess!
Message 12 of 15
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In May of this year my employment was verified using the whole 1-800 number/PIN/single-use code process, and I was only asked for this information once, very early on in the process. Then again, I suppose the loan officer calling me at my place of work on an almost-daily basis (just for updates, really - she was great) might have served as at least informal verification that I was still gainfully employed, although it wouldn't have proved anything income-wise, I guess!

Sounds very similar to my experience six years ago. I suppose this sort of thing also depends on what other risk factors may exist -- in our case my wife and I had clean credit histories, stable employment, had lived in the same rented apartment for 10 years, etc., etc., and our condo purchase was not in any way a stretch for us financially. Perhaps with thinner histories, higher loan-to-value and debt-to-income ratios, etc., the lenders do more checking than with a buyer who is clearly being conservative.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 13 of 15
Miner
Frequent Contributor

In 2007, my credit union only wanted to see the last 2 pay stubs when I applied and then wanted every one that I received during the month that it took to close the loan (meaning 2 more), though the last one I probably could have got by without.  They didn't call my employer; I know since it was a small company of 28 employees and the HR department was a 30 foot walk.

My previous loan in 2002 I had to provide the last 2 years of tax returns and my current bank statements along with paystubs, but they didn't call my employer.  The only time I had a mortgage company call to verify employement was back in 1997 when I purchased my first home.

Message Edited by Miner on 09-08-2008 06:45 PM

Message Edited by Miner on 09-08-2008 06:46 PM
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the current market, they are really cracking down on verification.  They verified my wife's income 2x and the County DPA did a 3rd time.  This plus 3 years tax returns, 3 months bank statements, and a couple months paystubs.

We were good DTI ratio with a midscore of 679 in a program with a FICO minimum of 620 and no lates since 2005 so we were not borderline
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.