Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment history home loan

tag
aym7697

Employment history home loan

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to answer my question. My husband and I are planning on  purchasing a home hopefully in time for the $8000 tax credit. My husband has been working in the same line of job for about 4 years. I am about to start a new job next week. I have not worked since 10/2005. I wanted to take time off to raise our first child. My new job is the same line of work I had before  taking time off. Would I have to be employed for two years before my income can be considered on the home loan?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employment history home loan

I believe so.  A short layoff or LOA may be allowed, but you are talking 4 years.  SOmeone may counter me and tell me I am wrong, But I am pretty sure you would be looking at 2 years.  The same line of work phrase is more meant for job changes that occur, not long term work absences.  
Message 2 of 4
aym7697

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I had a feeling I would have to wait two years.
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

You are 're-entering the workforce'

The LO can sell that to an underwriter ALL DAY LONG!

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.