cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment verification 3 months after closing??

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Employment verification 3 months after closing??

Hey all...quick question about employment verification. So my HR manager notified me that my current mortgage serviced called to verify my employment. Is this normal practice? I closed back in July. And yep, still happily at the same place. Smiley Happy
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employment verification 3 months after closing??

You may be a pool that is being sold off.  Here in Smalltown several of the banks would hold a small group of notes then sell them. When they sold them they would do income verifi and a driveby cma for each one.   

Message 2 of 5
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Hmm. Thanks for the reply! That's what I was kind of thinking too. is it common for mortgages to be sold off often? I closed on my home in July, but my mortgage was sold to another bank in August. And it was just last week that my HR manager notified me that there was an employment verification.

And then it kind of leads me to a different question, what if I do switch jobs at some point when my mortgage is being sold off. Is there any negative impact on me?
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Notes and pools are sold all the time.  Once its closed its closed. Unless 1) you mistated facts on the application  or 2) You forgot to make a few payments.

Message 4 of 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

This may be nothing more than a Post Closing Audit. It is common for “quality control” to pull a sampling of loans to audit in order to assure Secondary Market Investors (Fannie & Freddie) that the loans being closed and delivered to them meet ALL Underwriting guidelines and Fed Lending Disclosure Laws. So may or may not have nothing to do with the sail of your loan.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.