Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Mortgage Services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Mortgage Services

Hard Pull on all 3 credit reports from the above. I did a search on this site and found that someone else had this problem and sent a permissable purpose letter, but there was no follow up on it.

Anyone else have this happen? I just obtained a mortgage last month but am not sure how this would give anyone permission for the hard pulls.

Thanks for any help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax Mortgage Services

Seems odd, perhaps they are about to sell it to an investor and the credit report was outdated per guidelines.  They are a credit vendor, so a mortgage company used them to check your credit.  They might be able to tell you who their client was who checked your credit but probably not the specific reason why.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my inquiries came from Equifax Mortgage as well.  When I applied for a mortgage at the credit union - their name is listed on the CR.  However, my bank used Equifax Mortgage.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did A LOT of digging. Turns out my file was being audited and it was something I agreed to in all the paper work signing. It was basically just a measure to make sure there were no other mortgages that closed around the same time and that all my information was correct.

Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Makes sense, got to love those post-closing audits.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.